I decided to end Kid's Clothes Week with a new, non-Oliver + S pattern. This is one I bought at a fabric shop in Portland almost 2 years ago, called the Ayashe blouse. It only takes a yard of fabric!
The sizing is a little different than I'm used to, so I made a 6/7. I opted to make the Mandarin collar version, and used a drawstring in the bottom rather than elastic. The pattern instructions are poorly written with few illustrations. I ended up making the yoke without directions, then following Nicole's directions for collars from her Sketchbook tutorial, and then I finished the rest of the blouse using tried and true Oliver + S methods (iron the sleeve hem, attach the sleeve, then sew the entire side of the blouse and sleeve in one seam). The sleeves were actually not long enough to hem the way the pattern suggested, and the blouse hem was much deeper than it needed to be for a drawstring or elastic casing. I added button holes in the front center of the hem for the drawstring. This shirt seems to run small, as it looks like it may get too short quickly.
Pattern: Ayashe Blouse from Figgy's
Fabric: Oh Happy Day Sprinkles by Dear Stella
Changes: Assembled differently than instructions, shortened the blouse hem and added buttonholes for the drawstring.