In addition to the bias cut neck tie, I chose to cut the front placket on the bias as well. I'm glad I did, because that would have been entirely too much plaid matching! I used snaps rather than buttons, and am happy with the way they line up so well. I knew that if I tried to line button holes up, it could end very frustratingly for me.
This is a size 3, which I am hopeful will still fit next fall. It is not as long as I envisioned, but there is definitely enough room around the middle and neck for growth.
Miss H loves that it is pink and twirly. My favorite perk of this pattern is that the last step is not hemming!