Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fall Sewing: Another French Pattern

I got my first French sewing pattern, the Columbine Blouse from Papillon and Mandarine, last year. Apparently I forgot how easy it is, because I didn't sew any more until last week! I don't have very many long sleeved top or dress patterns, so this is a good option for us.


I had a yard of Cinderberry Stitches Enchant, which wasn't quite enough for this pattern. I used some navy blue Kona Cotton from JoAnn's for the extra length strips around the bottom and the ties. The overall length of this top is somewhere between the blouse and the dress.


I was not sure which size to make. Last year I made a 2 and a 3. When I made the 2 it just fit, and the 3 was a little roomy. Since Miss H was sleeping when I cut this out, I decided to go ahead and trace the size 4. I'd rather have it too big for her to grow into than too small. I'm happy with the size on her. It is big enough that she can grow quite a bit and still wear this. The sleeves are a few inches too long, but they turn under nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to recent spam issues, we are screening all comments. Thanks for your patience and understanding!