The first one is the Book Report Dress from Oliver + S. I didn't care for the pattern the first few times I saw it in the Oliver + S flickr group, but eventually I started seeing fabric combinations that gave me hope for what could be done with the pattern. Now I love it! The neckline is fun and pretty easy to sew. I used some soft teal corduroy I found on clearance in the summer and a light pink quilting cotton.
The pockets are a big hit.
This dress is the Simplicity pattern (1949) I started way back in October for Kids Clothes Sewing Week. The directions in this pattern were not exactly clear on a few steps, and the inside seams didn't end up looking "finished" as I would have liked, particularly around the zipper. I know I'm spoiled by Oliver + S! In the end I like the way it looks and fits. (Sorry I couldn't get a better picture... Miss H was very busy this day!)