Have you read a book about adoption?
If you have, I would love to hear which one, ideally with some of the following information:
- Was it helpful and/or would you recommend it? Why?
- Does the book point to the Gospel of Jesus regarding adoption?
- Does the book talk about stewardship (implicitly or explicitly)?
- What type(s) of adoption process(es) does the book touch on? (Foster/Orphan/Domestic/Infant/International/Embryo/etc)
- Who is the book intended for? Anyone learning about adoption? People wanting to know how to adopt? How to be an adoptive parent?
- Other aspects of the book: was it funny/deep/scholarly/analytical? A good reference?
Does it sound like I am looking for a book review? YES! Will your response matter? Absolutely!
I am hoping to start reading some of the better books available. Because of our desire, excitement, and call to raise a family, many of the 'should we' and 'how do we' questions were already answered at the beginning. To be sure, the parenting aspect of the adoption process is still unfolding: the challenge of raising a child well, but by God's grace that will come. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
We have read some, but not many of the available textual resources. The plan is to read a number of them and then post formal reviews as a resource for others.
If you have an answer, shoot me an email to email@example.com or post a comment. I would love to hear back.