Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sewing Stream: Little Shorts

I started looking for cute shorts patterns in April, knowing we would probably need them in May when we visited Chicago. I ended up purchasing the digital version of the Oliver + S Puppet Show Shorts. I printed them at the library down the hill, and was unable to adjust the size ratio on the printer. It looks like the pattern printed a teeny tiny bit smaller than it should have. While Halcyone was wearing 12-18 month clothes in other Oliver + S patterns, I decided to make these bigger (18-24) to allow more room for cloth diapers.


Pair 1: I made these exactly by the pattern.


Pair 2: I made the pattern about 1/2" wider in the waist, tapering back down to the legs. This worked better for our cloth diapers. I forgot to top-stitch the pocket binding down, so I used buttons to secure it for washing purposes (so it won't flip out and dry that way).


Pair 3: These were supped to look like capris, but ended up looking more like Bermuda shorts. I lengthened the leg length by a couple inches, and again made the waist wider as in pair 2.


Overall, I love these! I'm still hoping to make a pair from some chambray I've got washed up in my fabric stash.

2 comments:

  1. I clicked over from the Oliver + S flickr group, and I just wanted to say... Those are BEAUTIFUL! Love the fabric and the buttons and your alterations make so much sense for a better fit with cloth!

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam issues, we are screening all comments. Thanks for your patience and understanding!