- I'm very thankful for Tom, my godly husband who takes care of and provides for me.
- I'm thankful that Jesus chose to save me from a hopeless existence.
- I'm thankful for our home, where I can work on projects, cook, and where we can have friends and family over.
- I'm thankful that we have 6 adopted embryos waiting for us. (I'll catch you up to date on this later!)
- I'm thankful for our kitties who keep me entertained and give fuzzy snuggles.
- I'm thankful for our church and community group. We've got some great friends that we can share conversations and interests with, knowing that at the root of it all, we agree that Jesus is why we live and love.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Today someone told me to have a happy turkey day, and it kind of rubbed me wrong. Similarly, last week when we were in Virginia for Tom's work trip, we heard a radio DJ say that gluttony was a good thing. On my way home from my errands this morning I was thinking about this and wondering how many people actually think about what they are thankful for this time of year or if it really is just an excuse to worship the idol of food or a day off. Tonight we're going to a Thanksgiving sharing service at church, so I thought I'd get a head start and share some of the things I'm thankful for, in no particular order.